Fundraising Coordinator - Healthcare Foundation Annual Programs
- Experience Level
JOHN MUIR HEALTH FOUNDATION
FUNDRAISING/DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR, ANNUAL PROGRAMS & COMMUNICATIONS
John Muir Health Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring and stewarding philanthropic support for all programs, services and facilities of John Muir Health. Charitable gifts to the Foundation help John Muir Health further its mission to improve the health of the communities it serves by providing vital funds for patient services, clinical research, health and educational programs, lifesaving medical equipment, leading-edge technology, and health care services for those in need.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Development Coordinator, Annual Programs and Communications works directly with and reports to the Director of Annual Programs and Communications to ensure the successful planning, execution, evaluation and continued enhancement of all annual programs, publications, marketing and communications of John Muir Health Foundation. This new fundraising position will be essential to ensuring the optimization of materials and messages to donors and other key audiences. Responsibilities range from heavy data and list management to the development of special projects involving donors, prospects, John Muir Health employees, volunteers, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Marketing/Communications: Support all communications to internal and external constituencies regarding the Foundation. Develop and update central knowledge base of information regarding John Muir Health (patient volumes, quality ratings, awards, etc.) and the Foundation (goals, revenue, number of donors, size and composition of donor base, etc.)
- Publications/Direct Mail: Maintain calendar of publication deadlines and production schedules. Identify themes/stories for articles and mail appeals. Coordinate interviews and photo shoots. Manage media release forms for photo subjects and photo library. Perform basic graphic design and layout as needed. Review and proofread materials for accuracy and reader accessibility.
- Website/Social Media: Update Foundation website and develop and manage social media communications plan for Foundation awareness and fundraising programs.
- Event Materials: Assist with creation of event invitations, programs, PowerPoint and video presentations, scripted remarks and other event-related materials.
- Data Management: Work with Foundation database manager to ensure timely, accurate production of mailing lists and other data. Review and clean data for mass mailings. Ensure accurate coding of individuals and activities in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Program Assessment: Generate reports on revenue from direct mail and publications. Provide assessment of cost-effectiveness, ROI, donor trends and areas for improvement.
- Vendor Relations: Work with multiple vendors to obtain project bids, price quotes and samples. Assist with management of vendor contracts and invoices. Manage postage funds and monitor activity of postal accounts.
- JMHF Brand Identity Compliance: Manage process to ensure that any logo placement and/or artwork on all Foundation communications and materials comply with the Foundation’s brand identity guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 3 yrs. professional fundraising experience, preferably for a health or health-related organization. Experience in a nonprofit environment highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbally and in writing, with strong customer service orientation. Must have ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide variety of constituents. Experience with online communications and use of social media for fundraising purposes desired.
- Accuracy and speed using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have advanced knowledge and high comfort level generating reports, budgets and performing data entry, list management, and mail merge.
- Database management experience desired. Knowledge of Microsoft Access and/or The Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with graphic design principles and software, online publishing, and/or website management (Drupal) highly desired.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent reading, writing, research and editing skills with impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with initiative to creatively solve problems, improve efficiencies and exceed expectations.
- Must have transportation and availability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have the ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Send current resume with cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Development Coordinator APC”. No calls please.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Walnut Creek
- Health / Medical Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Walnut Creek
- Marketing / Communications Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Walnut Creek
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Walnut Creek
- Technology / Data Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility Full Time jobs in Walnut Creek