- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Senior Development Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt
Summary: The Development Assistant reports to the Senior Development Officer, providing integral support for the smooth functioning of the development office.
About di Rosa: di Rosa is a catalyst for transformative experiences with contemporary art of Northern California. Located on 217 scenic acres in the Carneros region of the Napa Valley, di Rosa offers a variety of exhibitions and educational programs for all ages and houses the foremost collection of Bay Area art in the world. A wide range of styles, media, and subject matter provides an overview of the creative energy and freedom to experiment that characterize this region of California. The property includes three separate galleries, a sculpture park, a 35-acre lake, and a wildlife preserve. The organization is currently in transition from Founder governance and support to functioning in the public domain.
1. Individual, Business and Institutional Giving: Provide administrative support for stewardship of individual members and donors, annual business fund participants, and government and foundation funders (institutional funders).
- Draft and prepare membership correspondence for signature – including solicitations, renewals, and acknowledgements.
- Assist in preparation of correspondence for higher level members and major gift donors, top business fund supporters, and institutional funders.
- Manage and maintain information systems, (data base and hard files,) to document and track all member, donor and contributions-related correspondence.
- Meet schedule for membership and annual donation renewals. Assure fulfillment of all membership benefits, including timely acknowledgements of all gifts.
- Coordinate, prepare, and act as liaison for donor acknowledgments in publications (newsletters, announcements, invitations, etc.) and donor walls.
- Work closely with Marketing Department to prepare and send e-communications to members and supporters as appropriate.
2. Special Events: Provide support and participate in planning, coordination and implementation of fundraising, cultivation and other special events.
- Manage ticket sales and respond to donors and guests for di Rosa’s Benefit Art Auction.
- Assist Development Officer, Event Manager and Development Director with event coordination for large fundraising events at di Rosa.
- Assist Development Officer in providing coordination and support for all membership events including the high-end members of the Patrons Circle.
- Coordinate communication and agreements with outside vendors as requested.
3. Development Office Operations: Assume responsibility for the effective functioning of the development office.
- Extract data for all communications and oversee list-screening process.
- Act as a liaison to Patron Manager tech support in identifying and implementing report and system requests, mapping fields for extraction, and other technology needs as needed.
- Manage Development office collateral and inventory of printed material.
- Oversee inventory of hospitality supplies including beverage and food.
- Take minutes at Development Marketing Committees meetings.
4. General Administration
- Work cooperatively with other staff and attend monthly staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Working Conditions: di Rosa is located on 217 acres in the Carneros region of Napa Valley. Applicants must be comfortable with and enjoy nature, including native waterfowl and domestic peacocks that roam freely on the grounds. Must be able to actively lead and participate in tours on rugged terrain. Must possess a car and valid driver’s license and be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Previous work experience in an arts organization and/or development office is preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities, time management skills and attention to detail.
- An interest in contemporary art is important.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to be tactful, astute and diplomatic in order to build personal rapport and effective working relationships with Board Members, staff, donors, organizational partners, artists and other stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); proficient and experienced with databases (patron Manager preferred), digital file management and web-based research and applications.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Compensation and benefits: This is a full-time, non-exempt position with competitive compensation and benefits (depending on experience).
To Apply: Send a letter of interest with resume, salary requirements, and three professional references to: Development Assistant Search, di Rosa, 5200 Sonoma Highway, Napa, CA 94559 or via email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Applications are in review and position will remain open until filled.
di Rosa is an equal opportunity employer and encourages residents of Napa and the North Bay region to apply.