Business Development Manager, Pricing
- Position Type
- Full Time
Business Development Manager, Pricing
Plan International USA is part of the Plan International Federation, a global organization that works side by side with communities in over 50 developing countries to end the cycle of poverty for children, young people, and their families. Plan works at the community level to develop customized solutions and ensure long-term sustainability. Our solutions are designed up-front to be owned by communities for generations to come and range from clean water and health care programs to education projects and child protection initiatives. For more information visit, www.planusa.org.
The Business Development Manager, Pricing is part of Plan International USA’s Business Development Unit (BDU) responsible for securing funding from the U.S. Government and Multilateral Donors, with a special attention to the preparation and submission of cost proposals. The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for identifying US Government (USG) opportunities for Plan International USA across several technical and/or geographic portfolios; developing plans to compete for these funding opportunities; executing those plans, including oversight of pre-solicitation/pre-proposal activities, as well as cost proposal preparation and submission; and otherwise contributing to Plan USA’s external representation and internal fundraising efforts as they relate to USG donors.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming USAID funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform Country Offices (COs) and relevant Plan technical and other partners.
- Conduct prospecting visits to Plan’s Country Offices to identify and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
- Manage Action Plans for pre-solicitation proposal preparations and bid planning including: teaming, bid strategy, development of win-themes, oversight of and contribution to technical design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation.
- Manage major open USAID solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming agreements, oversight of technical design and cost proposal, PPRs, capacity statements, internal review/quality control processes, drafting sections of the proposal where appropriate.
- Represent Plan International USA’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks, as it relates to USG funding streams.
- Contribute to the expansion of Plan International USA’s consultant roster for key technical and bid preparation functions.
- Specifically, the BD/Pricing Manager will be responsible for supporting, in coordination with the Sr. BD/Pricing Manager, all cost proposals submitted to USG funding requests. This includes coordinating with country offices for cost inputs, preparing Excel budgets and budget narratives in word, as well as preparing other inputs into the cost proposal, securing the requisite approvals and submission to USAID or other government agency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 3-5 years of experience in successful proposal development for USAID and other USG donors, including pre-solicitation preparation. Experience with USAID solicitations is required; substantive relevant experience in cost proposal development.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to effectively communicate with and coordinate activities of multiple partners, including field-based staff.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor;
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, sometimes with little advance notice;
- Working knowledge of a second language: French, Spanish preferred;
- International field experience in one of Plan’s relevant technical sector is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Masters level degree in Health, Education, international development or related technical discipline relevant for Plan’s global programs is strongly preferred; Bachelors degree in relevant discipline, or Accounting/Finance combined with substantive work and international field experience will be considered.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Typical office environment. Up to 30% international travel.
Within Plan USA
- Senior Director of Business Development, Sr. Business Development Manager, Pricing (manager) and other BDU team members, Technical Advisors, and Administrative Staff.
Within the Global Plan World
- Country Office Resource Mobilization Managers, Country Technical Advisors, and Country Directors.
- Business development, technical, and implementation support staff working for peer organizations and representatives of donor agencies, such as USAID staff.
Plan is a child-centered community development organization working with communities in over 50 countries to end the cycle of poverty for children and their families. We invite our staff to embrace Plan’s mission, working in partnership with management, peers, donors, and other supporters in an effort to make lasting change for children and families around the world.
We aspire to five core values that help us define our culture and to inform our business decisions: Accountability, Passion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence - AsPIRE. Plan expects all staff to exhibit and embrace these values in every part of their work lives.
We are committed to adhering to Plan’s Child Protection Standards and protecting the wellbeing of children in any situation that may arise. The protection of children is everyone’s responsibility.
Plan offers opportunities for growth and development through internal and external training opportunities. We value the ideas and opinions of staff at any level and provide forums in which those can be shared with others.
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and follows all laws associated with the EEOC.
Plan seeks to fill this position as quickly as possible. Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via our website: Business Development Manager, Pricing