Combine Outdoors Lifestyle with Design/Marketing for Buddhist Retreat Center
- Degree Level
Do you love variety in your work, being outdoors and learning practical skills? Are you someone who can enjoy a day of digging in the garden and the next day easily move to contributing your expertise in graphic design, marketing, fundraising or social media?
Our team is seeking healthy, strong residents eager to engage a lifestyle of self development, community living and physical work AND who also have skills in our weak areas of marketing, fundraising, social media or programming/web site maintenance and development.
ABOUT: Odiyan Retreat Center is located on a 1000-acre spiritual and ecological preserve in Northern California. 100 miles north of San Francisco.We are perched on top of a ridge overlooking rolling mountains and the Pacific Ocean.
Odiyan is modeled after Tibet's first monastery—a three-dimensional mandala. This mandala strives to manifests a way of life that integrates work with a path of self-exploration.
THE WORK: Odiyan Retreat Center offers a challenging and rewarding live-work retreat program where work is the vehicle for your inner development. Your work at Odiyan will include beautifying and maintaining the extensive formal gardens and landscapes, working in our four vegetable gardens and seven orchards,or out on the land.
Outside of the gardens, part of your working hours will include you contributing your skills in such areas as fundraising, graphic design or marketing. You will also be involved in vegetarian cooking, food preservation, kitchen clean-up, assisting with sacred art projects and helping with maintenance and upkeep of the Temples and Temple gardens.
- Free housing with one roomate in large room with balcony
- Communal bathroom/shower and laundry
- Free home-cooked vegetarian meals and beverages
- Free WI-FI and domestic phone calls
- A living allowance of $150 per month
- Free skill training in a wide range of trades and traditional arts
- Access to healthy setting of nature, hiking trails, wide-open spaces, sacred beauty, fresh air, clean water, and nutritious food.
- Free Classes on Development of Mind & Spirit, Tibetan yoga, Skillful Means and more
- Opportunity to engage in a wholesome lifestyle of self-sufficiency, meaningful work, inner development, and taking responsibility
- Healthy and without significant mental or physical health issues
- Comfortable with heavy lifting, good manual dexterity and multi-limb coordination while using tools and small machines. (small power tools, weed whackers, leaf blowers, mowers)
- Competency in some areas of graphic design, art, fundraising, marketting, social media or programming.
- Eager for a hard-working wholesome lifestyle of service
- Experience is not required but your work or education history should demonstrate your ability to focus, take initiative, go beyond what is expected and stay with a demanding task over time.
- Minimum commitment is 6 months
- Minimum age of 24 years old
- Couples are welcome
- We cannot accept children or animal companions.
We are a smoke and drug free community. We are seeking people who have a sincere interest in Buddhism and exploring work as a path to inner freedom.
Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
See http://firstname.lastname@example.org or call our volunteer office at 510-981-1987
More searches like this
- Animal Care Religion / Faith-based Volunteer jobs in San Francisco
- Conservation Religion / Faith-based Volunteer jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Religion / Faith-based Volunteer jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Religion / Faith-based Volunteer jobs in San Francisco
- Food Service Religion / Faith-based Volunteer jobs in San Francisco