Staffing Operations Coordinator
The Operations Coordinator, Staffing is responsible for the department’s most valued and expensive resource: a transitional client talent pool. Managing and maintaining an appropriate size pool to meet the needs of Staffing customers, the Operations Coordinator assesses program eligibility, client interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics. This position serves as the primary recruiter and training facilitator with a persistent eye for identifying and implementing additional avenues of support for the Staffing workforce. This position ensures accurate, complete, and relevant data is maintained to inform client job placements, payroll, and programmatic success.
Summary of Job Duties
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of qualified candidates for Chrysalis Staffing.
- Develop and maintain protocols to recruit, screen, assess, interview and refer client applicants for open positions within Chrysalis Staffing
- Determine applicant qualifications by evaluating candidate applications and conduct initial screening interviews.
- Use guidelines and independent judgment to make appropriate hiring decisions.
- Ensure that all new hire paperwork is filled out thoroughly and completely, and all required screening protocols are met
- Work closely with Employment Specialists across 3 sites to evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications for selection and recruitment into the Chrysalis Staffing pool.
- Provide relevant feedback to Employment Specialists to influence effective case management and ensure consistency.
- Manage pool of qualified candidates
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager and Staffing Operations Manager to ensure placement goals are met
- Build collaborative partnership with Human Resources Department to ensure all necessary employment and training paperwork is complete and incompliance with applicable employment laws and Chrysalis policies and procedures
- Manage and post job openings across Chrysalis sites, when appropriate and as needed
- Enter and maintain applicant data in database
- Review weekly timesheets and correct errors
- Maintain and manage uniform inventory
- Track and monitor employee absences
- Create case notes and other notices for employee performance updates
- Manage and deliver Chrysalis Staffing new hire orientation and safety training
- Lead classroom training for job-readiness programs
- Lead Chrysalis Staffing support groups, jobs clubs and other group activities
- Balance business needs with the needs of Chrysalis clients
- Act as liaison between Client Services and Chrysalis Enterprises
- Adhere to all Chrysalis Enterprises policies and procedures
- Support the Chrysalis Mission and adhere to the Chrysalis Code of Ethics
- Other duties as assigned
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- College degree and 2-3 years of recruiting or staffing experience required
- Some sales and/or outreach experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrated decision making skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be energetic and motivated, with the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues, customers and Chrysalis’ client population
- Experience working with at-risk or low-income populations
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment practices and familiarity with current employment law
- Must be capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with competing deadlines and a high-volume workload.
- Computer skills including but not limited to: MS Office suite, Internet, CRM/database management
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet Chrysalis’ driving standards
- Willing to work flexible hours depending on business needs
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Veterans / Public Benefit Administrative / Clerical jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time Veterans / Public Benefit Direct Service / Social Service jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time Veterans / Public Benefit Human Resources / Recruiting jobs in Los Angeles
- Full Time Veterans / Public Benefit Social Work / Counseling jobs in Los Angeles