Financial Analyst/Grants Specialist
- Degree Level
The Financial Analyst/Grants Specialist performs a full range of work related to grant and contract fund management, compliance, fiscal analysis, accounting, administration, evaluation, and related operational functions. This position is responsible for coordinating the financial administration and regulatory compliance of activities related to all grants and will serve as the primary administrative and financial liaison and support to other departments with respect to administering grant agreements and associated budgets. Advanced Excel skills are required for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Develop budgets for private and government funding programs.
- Prepare all fiscal reports, including grant budget, financial performance, and reconciliation reports for both public/government and private grantors and funding programs. Prepare and submit budget modifications when necessary.
- Prepare monthly grant billing and submit all invoices for government grant funds, including any and all backup documentation.
- Coordinate with staff in completing audits and site visits as required and ensure positive findings regarding financial management.
- Perform and evaluate cost and other purchasing analysis, buy vs. lease, competitive bidding or cost option assessments.
- Assist program and other administrative areas, including senior management and the Board with financial analysis needs and reports as directed by the CFO.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Recent (within 2-5 years) budget and expense tracking and reconciliation experience in grants and contract administration with Federal Grant Fiscal Management and working with intermediaries such as the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), or closely related field experience required.
- Required expertise in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook) with very advanced required proficiency in Excel skills including advanced formulas, tables and formatting, conditional formatting, advanced charting, pivot tables and pivot reporting, VBA and macros, using excel productively, integrating with other tools and optimizing, data tables, and simulations.
- Experience with, and working knowledge of Quickbooks accounting platform.
- Knowledge of, and experience with financial accounting and analysis, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to be work independently, have excellent organizational skills, be flexible and able to handle changing workload with multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Willingness to take initiative within assigned responsibilities.
- Strong work ethics, team player.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Parking/Transit Accounts, paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Chrysalis encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities Chrysalis serves. Chrysalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.