Assistant Head of School for Mission
4 days left
- Experience Level
Mission: The Mission of Mercy High School, San Francisco, a Catholic high school, is to educate young women for their expanding roles in society. This education must be formative, not only imparting fundamental skills and knowledge, but also encouraging the development of values that will guide them in their lives. We strive to provide a Christian environment where the following values can be nurtured: love of God, self-esteem, intellectual integrity, independent thought, respect for human rights, compassion for others, dedication to teach, courage to act, and respect for the goods of the Earth. Mercy San Francisco has been sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy since 1952.
Summary: The Assistant Head of School for Mission (AHoSfM) is responsible for the integration of the Sisters of Mercy charism and mission in collaboration with the Head of School and other administrators to foster the mission of the school. The AHoSfM has the following direct reports: Directors of Campus Ministry, Community Service, Athletics, Student Life and Counseling. The AHoSfM is an ex officio member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), Academic Council and Head’s Advisory Council.
Oversight and coordination
● Campus ministry
● Community Service
● Diversity & Inclusion
● Student Activities
● School-wide mission integration and vision alignment
● External Relations: Work to create sound working relationships with outside communities and organizations especially other Mercy organizations, the Sisters of Mercy, Mercy Schools, Mercy initiatives and other Catholic schools and ministries.
● Organize with other administrators - orientations of parents, new teachers, board members and other stakeholders as well as faculty/staff retreat.
● Work closely with the Assistant Head of School for Academics to provide mission inclusive teacher observation and evaluation processes that include the support and practice of the charism and mission of Mercy.
● Work closely with the ELT to identify and mentor new leadership within the school.
● Assist in the review of the student handbook and other school policies. ● Accreditation: Work closely with the Director of Institutional Research to conduct student surveys to measure data with regard to the understanding of the mission of the school.
● Teaching: Maybe required to teach up to one section each semester.
Send cover letter answering these two questions:
- What do you think we should know about you, that your resume doesn’t tell us, that indicates why you would be a good fit for this job?
- After reading our Mission Statement: Tell us how you align with Mercy’s mission?
Provide three references:
- Someone who has reported to you
- Peer colleague
- A direct supervisor
Please send requested documentation to:
● Write your full name and “Assistant Head of School for Mission” in the subject line.
● Please do not send a fax or a paper copy.