- Experience Level
Atlanta Technical College
Atlanta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, located in the city of Atlanta, is an accredited institution of higher education that recognizes the importance of global education. The college provides affordable lifelong learning opportunities, associate degrees, diplomas, technical certificates of credit, customized business and industry training, continuing education, and other learning services using state-of-the-art technology. The integration of academics and applied career preparation to enhance student learning is essential in meeting the workforce demands and economic development needs of people, businesses, and the communities we serve.
(Sustainability and Resource Specialist)
GRANT FUNDED POSITION
The GRANT WRITER (Sustainability and Resources Specialist) is responsible for writing and sustaining the life of the College’s current U.S. Department of Labor grants and acquiring new grants and resources to support the mission, goals and objectives of the College.
- GRANTWRITING: Responsible for the timely and accurate writing, editing, compiling and submission of operational, program and special project letters of intent, proposals and grants to government, corporations, foundations and a variety of individuals and other funding organizations according to the requirements of the funder. Maintains a database of grants and proposals for reference by appropriate College staff. Creates and maintains a standard proposal template (e.g., need, objectives, plan, budget, timeline, evaluation) that can be appropriately used by others in developing new proposals or in exploratory discussions. Works with various divisions and facilitates and attends meetings and other interactive events to identify and prioritize project needs (e.g., goals, budget, timeline, scope, etc.), secure participation by various partners, coordinate and collect preparation assignments, and review submitted information and documentation.
- RESOURCE RESEARCH: Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Atlanta Technical College, and uses this information to assist in the determination of likely funding sources and the prospects for specific grant and proposal applications. Provides ongoing research using online databases, the Atlanta Grantmanship Center and other resources to make recommendations on specific resources to seek and strategies to acquire funding. Regularly meet with College representatives to discuss grant funding opportunities.
- PARTNERSHIP/RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Seeks corporate, government and community partners to participate in funded programs and projects. Maintains contact with partners and funders during the preparation of grants and during the review of submitted grant applications in order to supply or secure additional supporting material as needed. Maintains an ongoing relationship with all partners, funders, and other College stakeholders.
- PROGRESS REPORTING: Assists the Director of Sponsored Programs and grant program managers in the process of supplying progress reports required by funding entities. Provides ongoing analysis of resource acquisition status.
- OTHER COMMUNICATION: Provides correspondence, scripts/talking points, white papers, newsletter articles and various written documentation about funded programs and projects.
Education: Bachelor's degree.
Experience: One year of experience in writing funding proposals/grants and developing partnerships/relationships.
Skills/Abilities: Strong writing, grammar, editing, proofreading and research skills. Excellent program planning skills. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
Education: Master’s degree.
Experience: Three years' experience writing funding proposals/grants and developing partnerships/relationships.
Skills/Abilities: A proven track record in securing new, significant funding opportunities of $25,000 to $5 million. Working familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in the proposal and grant-application process.
Background checks are required
Atlanta Technical College only accepts electronic application from the following: Visit https://www.easyhrweb.com/JC_AtlantaTech/Job%20Listings/JobListings.aspx
Instructions: Press control then click on link to go to ATC Job Center
EARN MORE THAN A SALARY! In addition to a competitive salary, Atlanta Technical College offers a generous benefits package, which includes employee retirement plan; paid holidays annually; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, legal, disability, accidental death and dismemberment, health and child care spending account.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is unclassified and employment is at-will.
Candidates for this position are subject to a background history and reference check.