Executive Director of Movers and Shakers Furniture Ministry
- Experience Level
The mission of Movers and Shakers is Sharing and Living the Gospel through the Gift of Furniture.
The Executive Director of Movers and Shakers Furniture Ministry will deepen and expand the mission of Movers and Shakers by building a solid, sustainable base of funding, developing ministry partnerships and furniture sources and through volunteer nurture and recruitment. The Executive Director will oversee the general operations and administration of the ministry and will report to the Board of Directors.
This is a full time position that will require some Saturday and Sunday work on furniture pickup and delivery days, to be performed at the Movers & Shakers warehouse. Non-delivery workdays can be performed remotely.
- Personally engage with potential financial donors and grant making organizations and manage other financial development activities including web donations, church funding, fundraisers, routine mailings and donor care.
- Develop formal relationships with area churches that will result in increased Ministry support, resulting in an increase of financial giving, volunteer participation, furniture donors, and ministry partnerships.
- Develop formal relationships with non-church partners and nurture these relationships in order to effectively coordinate the needs fulfillment process with these partners.
- Manage development of marketing materials for promoting the ministry; including the generation of newsletter articles, testimonials, web updates, social networking, and video content to help generate donations and volunteers.
- Ensure effective execution of various Ministry roles, which may include: Warehouse Manager, Needs Assessors, Move Coordinator, Donations Coordinator, Scheduler and Needs Intake Coordinator by managing paid or volunteer staff or fulfilling the roles personally, as needed.
- Report on Ministry success/challenges, as well as financial results with the Officers Committee monthly and with the Board quarterly.
- Collect, maintain, and track, information necessary to fulfill reporting requirements of the Ministry.
- Ensure smooth operation of workdays that respects the time of volunteers. This includes: Recruit, train, and evaluate drivers and volunteers. Schedule and reserve rental trucks. Collect and process workday data. Build routes, schedule volunteers, pickups and deliveries, stage furniture Coordinate off-scheduled donations, deliveries, and activities Maintain a database of needs, volunteers, and furniture donors.
- Implement systems that make efficient use of warehouse space and trucks and track and manage inventory.
- A personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Active member of a Bible-believing church.
- Passionate about serving the neediest families in Atlanta through the gift of furniture.
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks/activities successfully.
- Proven ability to fundraise through various approaches and events.
- Administrative experience related to the successful organization and management of a small business or similar endeavor.
- Proven business or ministry development efforts resulting in an increased funding stream through successful fundraising, grant writing, or other donor activities.
- Demonstrated success in volunteer coordination.
- At least 5 years of successful nonprofit or business management experience.
Background check required upon request
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Religion / Faith-based $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Religion / Faith-based $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Religion / Faith-based $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Religion / Faith-based $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Executive / Senior Management Religion / Faith-based $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta