Heading Home Campaign Director
- Experience Level
Program and Position Overview
The Heading Home Campaign is a Hamilton Families (HF) initiative to end family homelessness in San Francisco by 2020. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District and key partners, HF will scale up its rapid re-housing operations to assist 800 families with children in SFUSD who are experiencing homelessness to obtain stable housing. Hamilton Housing Solutions helps prevent families from becoming homeless and helps those experiencing homelessness move as quickly as possible into permanent housing. The program assists families to secure permanent housing through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, eviction prevention, medium-term rent subsidies, and home-based case management.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an initiative that is a key part of the strategy to end family homelessness in San Francisco. The Heading Home Director will lead the scaling of Hamilton Families’ highly effective rapid re-housing programs to achieve the goals of the Heading Home Campaign. Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Heading Home Director will be responsible for the operational success of the initiative ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. The Heading Home Campaign is part of a data-driven strategy to address family homelessness in San Francisco; the Director will continue utilizing data to measure results, ensure services meet participants’ needs and achieve the overall campaign goals. The ideal person for this role has strong leadership and change management skills, is data-driven and results-oriented, and is not afraid to dive in and get their hands dirty.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of the Heading Home Campaign to achieve HF’s goal to end family homelessness in San Francisco by 2020.
- Manage and grow a diverse, highly functioning team in a fast-paced program environment. Maintain and promote the cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment HF strives to foster within the workplace.
- Provide direct supervision to program management staff. Hire and manage program staff in accordance with HF personnel policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the program leadership team to execute the Heading Home Campaign strategy. Collaborate with HF Program Directors to implement changes to service delivery and programs that will advance the strategic plan.
- Build a data-driven culture focused on tracking and celebrating progress towards goals in real-time and using quantitative and qualitative data to continuously learn and improve the programs.
- Responsible for the successful management of the initiative’s overall operating budget in accordance with established fiscal guidelines. Monitor revenues and expenses to ensure fiscal solvency.
- Strategically select, develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders, including landlords, SFUSD, community partners and funders. Represent the organization to funders, volunteers, and donors.
- Ensure program quality and adherence to stated standards of conduct, ethics and confidentiality requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred (MBA, MPA, MPP, MSW or related field).
- A minimum of five years in a management and supervisory position with responsibility over multidisciplinary functions.
- Proven experience working on the development, implementation, and evaluation of a new program or business line. Experience in a start-up or growth environment. Experience designing and implementing successful social service programs a plus.
- Strong organizational development and supervisory skills, including recruiting a talented work force, providing appropriate skills development, and fostering staff retention.
- Proven financial management skills with budgets of $1 million plus.
- Excellent time and project management skills with a results-driven approach.
- Skills and experience with the use of data and databases to manage and evaluate social services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, etc.
- Sensitivity to the needs of families experiencing homelessness; able and willing to work with diverse staff and participants.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within first six months of hire.
- Essential job functions include using a telephone, working at a standard computer terminal; ability to follow reasonable ergonomic accommodations; sit and stand for long intervals; reach, bend, lift, and carry up to 40 pounds depending on position; and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
- Criminal background check, fingerprint imaging, TB (Tuberculosis) clearance, and documentation required post offer.
Compensation and Benefits
Hamilton Families offers a competitive wage and benefits package that includes employer-paid major medical and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, an employer-contributed retirement plan, and generous paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
- Reply to email@example.com and attach your résumé and a letter of interest.
- Include position title in the subject header of your email.
- No faxes or phone calls.
- Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.