Director of Finance and Administration
- Experience Level
Join the unstoppable revolution! Central Asia Institute believes that girls’ and women’s education changes lives, improves communities and promotes peace.Our organization, with a rich history of 20 years of service, is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration to join our team in beautiful Bozeman, Montana.
In this role, you will….
- Establish, oversee and continuously monitor annual domestic and international business plans and budgets that align with our strategic objectives, coordinate operational finances, supervise cash flow, evaluate and report on variances, prepare financial reports and statements, assure financial safeguards and fiduciary compliance.
- Direct activities of the bookkeeper, AP, AR, bank reconciliations, payroll, insurance policies and employee benefit plans etc.
- Work with independent auditors, prepare IRS 990, review contracts, coordinate financial reviews of international trusts and CAI wholly owned subsidiaries, participate in CAI audit committee meetings and report to the Board on the state of financial affairs.
- Oversee international grant administration, management, fund allocation and tracking.
- Coordinate HR activities including legal compliance and policy administration
- Manage office IT needs and direct/evaluate our IT contractor’s work.
- Actively collaborate with our staff and Executive Director. Interface with our diverse Board of Directors. Build strong, healthy, supportive relationships with our international partners and grantees.
- Lead the office manager assuring daily operations, office equipment and supplies, travel plans, Board meetings, office safety, security and maintenance are handled in a timely and thorough manner.
Our ideal candidate is…
- An accountant with international experience and/or auditing experience preferred. At least 2 years in a controller role.
- A proven people leader and relationship builder with at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Experienced with contract and/or grant administration.
- Organized, self-directed, a solid multi-tasker with a successful record of working effectively with peers, outside vendors, and Board members.
- Interested in and sensitive to the people and cultures we serve.
- Willing and able to travel annually to the international areas we serve.
- Superstar talents include previous life or work experience in the regions we serve.
Central Asia Institute is willing to relocate a qualified candidate. We can offer you a competitive salary, superlative benefits including paid health care, excellent vacation and holiday time, 403B, professional development and growth and an opportunity to impact the lives of those we serve. In Bozeman you’ll find great local skiing, hiking and biking, a pristine location influenced by a major university, some of the best fishing in the country and a safe, family oriented community with excellent schools.
To be considered, please send us your resume and a letter explaining how this job is best suited to be your next challenge. Documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org