The Staff Accountant will work closely with Senior Accountants in the areas of payroll, time sheets, accounts payable, sub-contractor invoices, general ledger reconciliations and analysis, and audits. The incumbent may have prior experience as an Accountant and/or have related administrative and technical skills. Reasonable independence is expected in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities. The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Comptroller who will assign projects, define priorities, give preliminary instructions, and review work while in progress or upon completion for quality and adherence to established procedures. This position offers opportunities for growth, training, and development.
- Maintain electronic time sheet system (Deltek Time & Expense), making all necessary updates for employees, charge trees and project changes.
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, verify for accuracy, and submit payroll to ADP for processing.
- Prepare journal entries, bank reconciliations, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Review and process sub-contractor invoices in Costpoint. Maintain cost control sheet for expenditures tracking. Prepare and file project manager invoice sign-offs.
- Maintain petty cash. Distribute petty cash to employees and replenish funds when needed.
- Provide back-up support for Costpoint Accounts Payable including Friday check runs.
- Assist in other accounting activities and the Agency’s annual single audit, as required.
- Some knowledge of the accounting principles and practices.
- Effective communication, team-oriented, and reliable.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and Adobe Acrobat Plus.
- Deltek Costpoint/IBM Cognos experience a plus.
Minimum Experience & Training
- BS in Accounting from a four year college or university.
- An internship or part-time work in an accounting position is preferred.
TO APPLY, SEND RESUME / CV WITH COVER LETTER TO HUMAN RESOURCES VIA:
EMAIL: RESUMES@DVRPC.ORG; OR
FAX: 215-592-9125; OR
MAIL: 190 N. INDEPENDENCE MALL WEST / 8TH FLOOR / PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106-1520