Admissions Specialist - San Francisco, CA
- Position Type
- Full Time
Title: Admissions Specialist - San Francisco, CA
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Reporting to the Admissions Manager, the Admissions Specialist - San Francisco, CA will serve as a key contributor to screen applicants and enroll students each year. The Admissions Specialist - San Francisco, CA will play a key role in ensuring our systems are working seamlessly to enable us to screen and select applicants in a consistent and equitable fashion. Admissions Specialist - San Francisco, CA will drive efforts to codify and improve our systems and processes. This will include developing tools such as our academic assessments, interview tools and trainings for team members, etc., as well as creating an operations manual to document our policies and practices.
To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where you can directly interact with and advocate for Year Up’s potential students. You will demonstrate a persuasive and confident communication style that will enable you to develop and maintain promising relationships in the local community to attract the best possible Year Up candidates.
The Admissions Specialist will also have the opportunity to interact with students as an advisor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment.
* This position will require occasional attendance at weekend or evening events
* Facilitate, coordinate, and contribute enhancements to our group interviews (“learning assessments”), ensuring we have a sound process to screen applicants for their ability to work in our interactive classroom setting
* Develop an operations manual to incorporate best practices from other sites and codify the site’s processes
* Develop process improvements each cycle and support implementation
* Conduct one-on-one interviews and group interviews to assess prospective students
* Utilize our Salesforce.com database to identify trends and help answer strategic questions related to our admissions process
Outreach & Recruitment
* Help support team conversion efforts via phone to ensure all applicants are contacted within 48 hours and signed up to come in for the first step in the application process
* Occasionally support recruitment efforts via attendance at job fairs, community events and recruitment presentations to connect with potential students
* Maintain and regularly update Salesforce.com database with applicant information and communication
Site Team/Learning Community Member
* Serve as an advisor/mentor for a small number of current students
* Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
* Participate in staff meetings and trainings
* 1-2+ years’ work experience preferred, including experience working with young adults
* 1 year of experience in administrative support or project management in a fast-paced environment a plus
* 1 year of experience working with urban young adults desirable
* Proven strong project management skills, a passion and talent for systems and process improvement
* Passion for and ability to use data to drive learning and improvement
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through
* Effective communication skills/public speaking skills, and the ability to connect quickly and authentically with people from a variety of different professional and cultural backgrounds
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
* Experience in an academic setting and/or knowledge of the local community is a plus
* A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
* Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
* Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
* Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
* Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
* Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive training program, these young adults complete a unique combination of rigorous, hands-on technical and professional skills training, college credit. and corporate internships. With an annual operating budget of $90 million, Year Up will serve over 2,700 students in 2015 nationwide.
Year Up takes three approaches to closing the Opportunity Divide. Our core sites are based on our founding program model – direct service programming where facilities, staff, infrastructure, academics, and all other aspects of the program are managed by Year Up staff. The Professional Training Corps (PTC) is a community college based model that provides an opportunity for students to engage in meaningful workforce training. In this model, students are dual-enrolled in the community college and Year Up; technical skills are taught by college faculty, while Year Up staff provide professional skills and other wrap-around services. Lastly, our Employer Based Solutions are created in collaboration with employer partners; custom solutions are developed to meet critical business needs and solve for skills gap challenges in the marketplace.
Consistently voted one of the Best NonProfits to Work For by the NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young adults. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.