Special Assistant to the CEO
- Degree Level
The Full Frame Initiative (FFI) is a nonprofit organization working nationally to change systems so that people and communities experiencing poverty, violence and trauma have the tools, supports and resources they need to thrive. Founded in 2007, FFI has quickly become an innovative, dynamic and highly respected force for transforming the ways in which public systems and private nonprofits respond to people living at the intersection of poverty, violence and trauma. Learn more on our website.
Description of Position:
The Special Assistant to the CEO provides advanced, wide-ranging and confidential strategic, operational, administrative and programmatic support to the CEO. S/he plays a vital role in FFI’s success by maximizing the CEO’s time to best achieve the organization’s goals. S/he exercises significant discretion to ensure the smooth functioning of the CEO’s schedule, travel and correspondence, as well as determining what issues require the CEO’s involvement or notification. The Special Assistant is often the first point of contact for donors and funders, leaders of larger organizations and government partners, and is responsible for nurturing and cultivating relationships. S/he helps ensure that communications—written, verbal, and electronic—are of the highest quality. FFI’s CEO is a team member on several FFI projects around the country, and leads several other programmatic initiatives. The Special Assistant works with other team members to ensure the successful implementation of these projects.
Position responsibilities include preparing the CEO for external meetings, drafting content for presentations and providing logistical and planning support and coordination to the CEO for regular meetings, speaking opportunities, conferences, and other public engagements. The Special Assistant will work with the CEO to develop systems to make the office of the CEO appropriately transparent, responsive to staff, and efficient.
This position also requires providing administrative and organizational support to the CEO in managing multiple projects and managing CEO workload through tracking, preparing and prioritizing tasks. The Special Assistant will work with accounting staff on some project budget development and billing. This position also entails administrative responsibilities related to the development and implementation of programmatic initiatives led by the CEO.
The Special Assistant to the CEO will also provide support ensuring effective meetings of the Board of Directors and the leadership team, serving as lead administrative and project manager for board meetings and other board meetings, handling logistics and providing support to the leadership team and other staff to prepare for meetings with the board.
Candidates for the position of Special Assistant to the CEO should have at least 5 years of experience managing an executive office, with significant, increasing responsibilities including comprehensively supporting a busy executive; relationship management; and handling of sensitive and confidential information. Candidates must have experience with philanthropy and/or high net worth individuals as well as outstanding time management skills, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple, shifting priorities and projects, communicate with others about changes to projects, and effectively manage and execute a combination of immediate, urgent tasks and larger, longer-term important projects.
Other required skills and attributes include
- A deep commitment to social change and FFI’s mission
- A high tolerance for ambiguity, organizational change and shifting priorities
- Extremely personable in his or her relations with FFI’s internal and external constituents and demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion. Extensive internet research and fact-finding skills
- Experience working independently on projects, from conception to completion
- Demonstrated ability to provide both basic, essential administrative support and high-level, proactive executive functions
- Command of Google Apps in a collaborative environment (G-Suite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Hangouts, etc.); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);CRM software (Salesforce preferred), and high aptitude for learning new technologies and technology troubleshooting
- Experience with processes and tools to manage multiple projects, schedules and calendars
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Enthusiasm for (not just tolerance of) keeping many balls in the air and for creative problem solving
- Flexible; able to anticipate as well as to respond to change, and to quickly adapt priorities
- Strong, natural inclination toward service, combined with a willingness to push back when needed for the good of the organization
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Greenfield, MA at FFI’s administrative office. Greenfield is in the northern Pioneer Valley region of Western Massachusetts. People are drawn to this area of the state for its beautiful natural environs and numerous educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a letter telling us a little bit about yourself, why you want to work at FFI, why this position is a great fit for you, and why you are a great fit for FFI. This letter is important to us--we only consider candidates who customize their application to our organization’s posting.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with documents as attachments (Word or pdf). Please put “YOUR FIRST NAME LAST NAME Special Assistant to the CEO” as your subject line.
Deadline to apply is December 19, 2016.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, growth opportunities, and the satisfaction that comes with helping to build an organization with national impact.
FFI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity; people of color and people from historically marginalized and oppressed communities are strongly encouraged to apply.