Free resume review: Your expert assessment awaits!
Work for Good is excited to announce that TopResume, our new partner, is offering every jobseeker on the site a free, confidential resume review.
Here’s the rundown, from TopResume:
With roughly six seconds to hold a recruiter's attention, is your resume strong enough to set you apart from the competition and land you an interview? Find out where you stand with TopResume's free and confidential resume review.
Upload your resume today to receive:
Expert recs: Beat the bots and get expert advice from pros who have resume writing down to a science.
Objective feedback: Unlike your best friend, TopResume will provide direct and unbiased feedback to help you get ahead in your job search.
Recruiter view: Take a look at how your resume appears to Applicant Tracking Systems used by recruiters and hiring managers everywhere.
So how does it work?
Step one: Upload your resume to be reviewed. You can do that directly through the Work for Good site by uploading your resume and clicking the option “Get your free resume review from TopResume.”
To change your resume:
- Click on your name in the top right-hand corner of the screen and select “Your profile.”
- The “Your profile” page will come up, with a button labeled “Change resume.” Click that button.
- Next, you’ll see the page below, with the resume review option below the “Upload your resume” box. Click “Browse…” and find your resume, put a check in the box next to “Get your free resume review from TopResume,” and click “Change Resume.”
You can also upload your resume to the TopResume site by using this link, which is specifically for Work for Good users.
Step two: Wait while the magic happens. It takes up to 48 hours for TopResume to review your resume and provide personalized and actionable feedback.
Step three: View your results. TopResume will send you an email with your feedback, showing you what you’re doing right, and what you could improve upon to achieve your best resume. Feedback topics include style and organization, writing and mechanics, and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) analysis. Among the questions your review will answer:
- Does the format of your resume effectively show the impact of your achievements?
- Do you have consistent grammatical tense, tone, and punctuations?
- Will an ATS mark you as a best fit for the jobs you’re targeting?
At Work for Good, we’re dedicated to making your jobseeking experience a success, and we know this new feature will help you make the most of your efforts.
As always, please reach out to us if we can be of service.
Marc Schultz is communications editor at Work for Good.
▶ Feeling informed, inspired, and empowered? Now's the perfect time to search for your next job! Or set up a job alert, and bring the search to you.