Meeting and Events Coordinator
- Experience Level
Do you enjoy planning and coordinating meaningful and engaging events? Do you believe in sustainability and want to make a positive social impact? Would you like to apply your meeting and event knowledge to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. We are seeking an energetic and experienced individual with a passion for coordinating meetings and events. This position will assist NCG by supporting the production of meetings, training, and conferences for co-ops throughout the United States as well as some internal events.
This position will be based in NCG's St. Paul, Minnesota office and will include up to 25% travel.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with event owners to manage project timelines and budgets
- Source venues and make recommendations to event owner and/or planning committee
- Facilitate the venue contracting process
- Source and contract vendor services including, but not limited to, transportation and catering
- Develop program marketing materials and communications
- Research destination offerings, perform site visits as needed
- Create menus and work with caterers and venues to ensure food and beverage meets the needs of attendees and the event's budget
- Assist with managing event registration, travel bookings, and rooming lists
- Provide excellent internal and external client customer service
- Professionally maintain positive working relationships with vendors
- Manage event logistics on-site, including: facilities, transportation, food and beverage functions, event production, speakers, and additional activities, as applicable.
- Gather, print and ship necessary event materials
- Assist with final event invoicing and billing
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Proficient with MS Office applications, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 2+ years professional, full-time work experience
- Experience in managing and producing all aspects of a meeting or event, including building custom food and beverage menus
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to clearly communicate in writing and verbally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to think critically in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and maturity; able to remain calm while working with shifting priorities and deadlines is essential
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and prioritize work
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and evenings, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, hospitality, education, or related field
- Familiarity with cooperative business a plus
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods a plus
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 150 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
About NCG: National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: April 21, 2019
Individuals with Disabilities - National Co+op Grocers wants all interested and qualified candidates to be able to use this career site to review and apply for employment opportunities. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this site, please contact us for assistance at (866) 709-2667 ext. 2992 or email us at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity - National Co+op Grocers is an equal opportunity employer. We hire qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, pregnancy, physical/sensory/mental disability, genetic disposition, veteran or military status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, arrest or conviction record, or any other protected category in accordance with applicable laws.