Director of Partner Development
- Experience Level
Girls Who Code is searching for a strategic, results-oriented Director of Partner Development to lead development of new corporate partnerships and major gifts in the US and around the world. Reporting to the VP of Development, you will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, and securing new corporate partnerships and major gifts that help meet Girls Who Code’s ambitious fundraising goals. You have experience securing six and seven figure gifts from large corporations. You’re a natural salesperson and storyteller with a deep passion for our mission to close the gender gap in technology. You’re also a seasoned team leader, comfortable setting vision and strategy and coaching and mentoring your team. You enjoy diving into the details with the team and setting up processes and systems to help our organization prospect, cultivate, and close major corporate gifts.
- In collaboration with VP of Development, set overall fundraising goals and strategy for new corporate sponsorships, individual giving, and events
- Lead and grow the new business development team, coaching, mentoring, and motivating the team to help meet ambitious goals
- Leverage and expand prospect pipeline of over 100 corporations to maintain, grow, and secure new six and seven figure corporate partnerships
- Lead outreach and communication with prospective corporate partner contacts across all levels
- Pitch partnership opportunities to C-level executives and facilitate discovery and pitch meetings for CEO and/or VP Development as needed with new corporate partners
- Develop best-in-class materials, processes and systems that improve Girls Who Code’s ability to tell its story and prospect, cultivate, and secure major new corporate partnerships
- In collaboration with Programs, develop new programmatic offerings and partner benefits based on feedback from corporate partners
- Review and revamp external pitch and partner resources, such as presentations, contracts and reports
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Work with VP of Development, to evaluate individual giving and events programs, developing vision and strategy and driving execution for this emerging body of work
- Redesigning the Girls Who Code annual gala, crafting a vision in partnership with our Board of Directors and executing a magical evening as part of a comprehensive events program
- 8+ years experience managing corporate partnerships in a sales, fundraising, non-profit or academic environment
- Experience securing new six and seven figure gifts from corporations
- A track record of leading a high-performance, results-oriented team
- Experience developing and implementing new processes and systems to help a high-growth organization scale
- Strong communication and presentation skills; a natural storyteller and salesperson who can win hearts and minds, influence, and negotiate
- Keen sense of accountability for meeting deadlines and fundraising goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple, deadline-driven projects at the same time while collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, maturity, positivity and confidence
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Commitment to Girls Who Code’s mission and to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Girls Who Code is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization with a focus on valuing, serving, and understanding our target constituents, while challenging all stakeholders to think inclusively for the betterment of our programs.
Girls Who Code is an equal opportunity employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, partnership status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital, parental or familial status, national origin, ethnicity, veteran or military status, age, disability, or any other legally protected basis. Racial and ethnic minorities and men are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. GWC is not able to sponsor employment visas.